New Year is a time of fun and frolic, celebrating the year gone by and anticipating good things about the forthcoming year. Everyone loves to party at on New Year's eve. For the ones who love hosting a party, we've brought some great New Year Recipes, which are custom designed for this occasion. A New Year dinner recipes has to be unique, as it is a special day for everyone. When looking for a New Year recipe, keep in mind the time of cooking it, as you may have to prepare these dishes multiple times during the night.
Here you'll find some interesting cuisines for a New Year party, some of which are based on New Year's eve food traditions, New Year dinner traditions, etc. Keep the party going for long with easy recipes and cocktails. The ones who love to host a party but hate cooking can look at our New Year's eve finger foods, New Year's eve appetizers, New Year's eve main course, and New Year's eve buffet menu ideas for easy cooking tips.
The best way to host a party would be to prepare a New Year's eve menu beforehand, and then shortlist some dishes from it. For this, you may look for our New Year recipe ideas and New Year's recipes for dinner. For the ones with sweet teeth, you can prepare amazing New Year's dessert too.
New Year Recipe Ideas
Lemon Capellini with Caviar
2 kilo dried capellini
Melted butter (according to need)
Juice of 2 lemons
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp white pepper
150 gms black caviar
- Boil some salted water in a large pot and pour some olive oil in it. Add some capellini in it and cook until done.
- Drain almost the entire water and toss the capellini with some melted butter, lemon juice, pepper and salt.
- Place a serving of pasta on a plate and put a large chunk of fresh, prepared caviar on it. Garnish with grated lemon or coriander.
- This is one of the quickest and best dishes you can make for your New Year's eve's party.
Baked Ham and Cheese Party Sandwiches
3/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
24 mini sandwich rolls
1 pound thinly sliced cooked deli ham
1 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and dried onion.
- Separate the tops from bottoms of the rolls, and place the bottom pieces into the prepared baking dish. Layer about half the ham onto the rolls.
- Arrange the Swiss cheese over the ham, and top with remaining ham slices in a layer. Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches.
- Pour the mustard mixture evenly over the rolls.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the rolls are lightly browned and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes.
- Slice into individual rolls through the ham and cheese layers to serve.
New Year's Dessert
Everyone loves to have a sweet bite after their meals. For your New Year's eve party, you can prepare this simple and delicious dessert for your guests.
- 1 (12 ounce) package ladyfingers
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons coffee flavored liqueur
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place a pan of water on the bottom of oven.
- Crush the package of ladyfingers to fine crumbs. Mix the melted butter into the crumbs.
- Moisten with 2 tablespoons of the coffee liqueur. Press into an 8- or 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar until very smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur, and mix. Add the eggs and the flour; mix SLOWLY until just smooth. The consistency of the mascarpone can vary.
- If the cheesecake batter is too thick, add a little cream. Do not overmix at this point. Pour batter into crust.
- Place pan on middle rack of oven. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until just set.
- Open oven door, and turn off the heat. Leave cake to cool in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let it finish cooling.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight. Right before serving, grate the semi-sweet chocolate overtop.
Chocolate Chip Nutella Cheesecake/Cupcake
Ingredients for Cheesecake
Softened cream cheese
1 cup nutella
2 tsp vanilla
Ingredients for Cupcake
1 vanilla cake mix
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven and fill the muffin pan with liners and keep it aside for some time. Prepare the appropriate amount of cake mix, according to the box. Add sour cream to the mixture of water and oil and gently introduce the chocolate chips to the batter.
- Fill the liners with the batter and bake for around 20 minutes. Cool this baked cake completely and cut a small section in the middle. Beat the cream cheese and nutella until it becomes creamy. Stir the rest of the ingredients until smooth and fill the centres of the cupcakes.
- Beat the butter until creamy and add the salt, vanilla and milk to the batter. Now, add the powdered sugar and then frost the cupcakes and keep them refrigerated.
- This simple recipe can easily prepare 24 cupcakes in one hour (preparation + cooking).